Recruitment
Raid Times
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    <Warcraftier> Forum Index -> UI Customization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhadamanthys
Veteran

re: Addon: BossTalk

Forum Image

This Addon quotes your favourite bosses!

== Features ==
*Ace3 with FuBar and LibDataBroker (LDB) support
*More than 1500 boss quotes (Ordered by instance and bosses)
*Random quotes
*Quotes via macros
*Quoting on events, e.g. you score a killing blow. (If you pick more than one quote for a specific event, a random quote will be played)
*Creation of custom events (Example: Death Knight on Rise Dead)
*List of your favourite quotes (favourite list)
*Automatic addition of new boss quotes (they add themselves as soon as you hear them)
*Quotes can be dispensed via /say, /yell, /guild, /emote, /raid or /party
*Other bosstalk users are also able to hear the quotes you play (Syncronization)
*Clearly arranged option menu: all options are explained via tool tip.
*If anybody in your guild or Party has a newer version of BossTalk, you'll receive a notice.
*Full text search
*Ignore list for yells / players you don't want to hear.

== Menus ==
*Shortcut: Enter an ID. IDs are found in the Bosstalk menu in front of a quote. The IDs are entered without the #! A macro would look like this: /bosstalk shortcut 80 whereas 80 is the ID of the quote.
*Events: Define events, upon which Bosstalk plays quotes. For example, when your hitpoints are low or somebody requests you to duel. Events are entered in the same way as shortcuts.
*Add custom event: You can create custom events if an event is not listed. Be sure to type in the EXACT spell name. Take care of small and big letters, spaces and so on
*Favourites: A list of your favourite boss quotes. In order to add a quote, shift+left-click a quote in the boss quote menu. Shift+left-click on a quote in the favourites menu to remove it from the list.
*Search: Enter a word or a phrase and BossTalk will output all yells containing that word. You can then right-click the search results for extra options.
*Bossquotes: A complete list of all quotes.
*Options: You can set your personal preferences here (also see "options")
*Credits: Shows a list of people who helped me with the addon.

== Options ==
*Play Sound: Disable this option, if you don't want to hear any sounds.
*Quote to Chat: Disable this option, if you don't want any kind of text output.
*Warnings: Disable this option, if you don't want any advice, which boss you or anybody else has just quoted.
*Memory-economic mode: Enable this function in order to decrease memory usage by more than fifty percent. Then, however, you need to generate the boss menu manually by clicking a button. This doesn't affect neither shortcuts, nor favourites, nor events.
*Blacklist options: Manage your Ignore lists here for people or yells you don't want to hear. Those lists work like your favourite's list and the shortcut menu entry. Player names in chat also provide an extra menu entry if you right-click them.
*Output Options: You can define in which way your texts will be output. (Yell/Say/Guild/Raid/Party / Additional Text output)
*Sync Options:
**Receive Sync: Disable this option, if you don't want to hear the sound of other people's boss quotes.
**Receive Event Sync: Disable this option, if you don't want to hear the sound of other people's boss quotes which were triggered by an event.
** Send Sync/Event Sync: Same as above, toggle if you want to send your Quotes to other people.
**Synclist: Shows a list of players in your guild or party/raid, who are also using Bosstalk.

== F.A.Q ==
Read the ingame tooltips, which should explain everything quite well!

*Q: How can I create a macro?
*A: Enter /macro, click "New", choose an icon and enter a name. Enter /bosstalk ID in the description field. Of course you should change "ID" to e.g. 80. Drag the new symbol into your action bars - done!

*Q: How can I add a quote to my favourites?
*A: Open the boss quotes menu and shift+left-click the quote of your choice. Now you can also find in under favourites!

*Q: How can I remove a quote from my favourites list?
*A: Open your favourites and shift+left-click the quote you want to remove.

*Q: How can I add new quotes to an event?
*A: Open the boss quotes menu an look up the ID of your quote (without #!). Then open the event menu, look for the event of your choice and enter the ID. If you enter several IDs under the same event, Bosstalk will randomly play one of the chosen quotes whenever this event occurs.

*Q: How can I remove a quote from the event list?
*A: shift+left-click on it.

Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info16366-BosstalkContinuedupdatedbyBigbur.html

Last edited by Rhadamanthys on 2010/04/11 15:58; edited 1 time in total

That explains Rhad's baffling behavior last night. Well, more baffling than normal, at least.

So you were CHEATING! =O

And here I was trying to quote from memory. Hmmph! =p

Lindele Moonblade wrote:
So you were CHEATING! =O

And here I was trying to quote from memory. Hmmph! =p
I was too. :D

...how is it not easy. Yeti is pointed at you. PUSH KEY THAT STRAFES, EXIT TRAJECTORY OF YETI, RECEIVE BACON
>8< Herbië >8<

I wasn't, I know most of the IC spech >.O

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: