Recruitment
Raid Times
Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Infliky

re: Warcraftier Raid Videos

not our first kill but a much cleaner one for majordomo from our 2nd kill. It looks as though we may have gotten good enough to only use 4 people for orbs now. Even on this kill and our previous attempts that night if all orb tanks take 3 ticks before their cd use we should be ok.

Heroic Majordomo Staghelm 25 Man Raid
Infliky

been a while since I updated this thread :P Anyways I combined Alex and my POV for Madness of Deathwing Heroic. Credit to alex for her fraps Happy

Warcraftier vs Heroic Madness of Deathwing 25 man Raid

POV:
Alexanne
Inflikted

I also made one earlier that is strictly mage pov only
Warcraftier vs Heroic Madness of Deathwing 25 man Raid POV Fire Mage

Enjoy
Serickson

great job as always flik.

I've had fraps for a long time, but never had a computer that could really handle it. what would you say are the best settings for Fraps to get the best results in a video? I have mine set at 60 FPS is that too high? When it's set at the default 30, I seem to lag pretty bad in game.

How big is a typical movie once you put it together? How much space does a single night of recording take up (raw before you combine them)? I'm thinking I need to get another hard drive as i'm almost out of space again. .

I'd really like to take some video's of Beta stuff and post up, but I think most people have beta by now, but thought it may be interesting to dabble in.

fraps is ok for the best possible quality if you are recording in short periods of time. It is far more resource intensive for your cpu, harddrive and ram. I do indeed record at 60FPS fullsize, although rarely am I ever recording at 60FPS. Fraps tends to try and framelock you so you can't go any higher than what is set. I prefer not to be always locked at 30FPS.

You need to be recording on a seperate hard drive to reduce the lag/stuttering significantly as Fraps at 60FPS Full size is recording at 1300561kbps bitrate, recording that much data will lock up your harddrive. So the recording harddrive and gaming harddrive must be seperate. A bit overkill when youtube only accepts a maximum of 10000kbps bitrate Happy

I would honestly recommend to use bandicam, unlike fraps it allows you to set a maximum recording bitrate so you are able to control the recording quality a lot more. Which will significantly reduce the lag, as well as space required.

For example a 10minute fraps takes about 20 gigs of space.
Bandicam a 10minute recording at about 15,000kbps bitrate/max quality is about 600-700 megs.

MSI Afterburner I am told has similar results to bandicam and is free but I have never used it
Kinegos

Infliky wrote:
fraps is ok for the best possible quality if you are recording in short periods of time. It is far more resource intensive for your cpu, harddrive and ram. I do indeed record at 60FPS fullsize, although rarely am I ever recording at 60FPS. Fraps tends to try and framelock you so you can't go any higher than what is set. I prefer not to be always locked at 30FPS.

You need to be recording on a seperate hard drive to reduce the lag/stuttering significantly as Fraps at 60FPS Full size is recording at 1300561kbps bitrate, recording that much data will lock up your harddrive. So the recording harddrive and gaming harddrive must be seperate. A bit overkill when youtube only accepts a maximum of 10000kbps bitrate Happy

I would honestly recommend to use bandicam, unlike fraps it allows you to set a maximum recording bitrate so you are able to control the recording quality a lot more. Which will significantly reduce the lag, as well as space required.

For example a 10minute fraps takes about 20 gigs of space.
Bandicam a 10minute recording at about 15,000kbps bitrate/max quality is about 600-700 megs.

MSI Afterburner I am told has similar results to bandicam and is free but I have never used it

I use MSI Afterburner......to overclock my video cards. If there is a video capture part of it, it escaped my notice.

i have MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 15 not sure if it is in older ones. It is quite hidden Happy

Go into settings and keep clicking your right tab button till you see Video Capture tab. I never used it because the options it comes with are a bit limited but I have heard from others it is comparative to bandicam as far as quality/reduced lag goes.
Fritzybear

Great job flik and Alex. That video feels so epic. had to watch it twice it was so good.
Lerrielin
Co-Guildmaster

Ya great job guys, awesome vids.
Infliky

I know a few of you guys are going to be doing some recording/publishing of videos in mop. I made a few intros in my time at warcraftier, thought I would share them incase any of you wanted to use them.

I had a 10 second version of the first intro, trying to find it again or remake. Only the first intro has music to it but it can easily be taken out, the rest are left soundless so you can add whatever you want.

Enjoy

Intro 1

Download: http://spgctf.site.nfoservers.com/intros/intro1.wmv

Intro 2

Download: http://spgctf.site.nfoservers.com/intros/intro2.wmv

Intro 3

Download: http://spgctf.site.nfoservers.com/intros/intro3.wmv
Serickson

need one with pandas!! :P

Serickson wrote:
need one with pandas!! :P

ha! I would but unfortunately I don't have as much time to make intros
Alexanne1

Thank you Flik.Happy

I am going to make sure I can get them to work for me, if I have any problems I will let you know. My FRAPS folder is all cleaned out and ready for MoP.
Infliky

Warcraftier vs Sha of Anger Realm First

This is from our kill last week 9/26/2012, sorry it appears the mumble recording ended up having a lot of echo, so I didn't use it till the end.
melterofaces

the tunes on this vid are amazing
zanarkendjp

Mogu'Shan kill videos.

The Stone Guard
Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
Spirit Kings (coming soon)

Thanks for the intro vids Flik!

The Stone Guard

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder