Recruitment
Raid Times
Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lerrielin
Co-Guildmaster

re: The Hundred Grand March Madness: WINNERS!

Thanks to everyone for your patience! Here are the much-anticipated results of The Hundred Grand March Madness contest!!

Well, actually, first off, I wanted to say thank you everyone for your submissions! It was really difficult to chose between them and as such we are giving all participants 1000g. Winners will get their separate prizes on top of this participation award.

So, without further ado, allow us to present the:

HONORABLE MENTIONS These individuals will receive a packet of goodies from the guild bank (not useless things like voodoo skulls and balls. Actual items that are worth something. :P).

Zorb's entry, The Fourth Law, tells a fascinating story of an ingenious gnome warlock whose discovery of an unusual object leads him down a strange road...

Dura's comic, rendered in MSPaint, tells the first-hand, simple story of the all-too-complex plight of a moonkin.

Kinegos' Timeline, reminding many of us of our plethora of experiences in Azeroth, and expressing all too well the sensation that many of us sometimes feel.

THIRD PLACE Wins 10,000g!

This individual submitted many entries, and all of them were amusing. Choosing one to name as "the winner" was a mini-contest in itself. However, at the end, Ty and I agree that of all his submissions, Vidrona's short story The Priestess and the Paladin is an exceptional work. Do take a bit of time from your life to read and enjoy it.

While you're at it, take a look at Vid's hand-drawn comic, "Maw of Shu'ma...RP". Follow the thumbnail:
Forum Image

And there are many fun memories to be had from his screenshot slideshow.
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/96291/Vid_Screens.ppsx

SECOND PLACE Wins 25,000g!

In all of Warcraftier history, this is the first time that anyone has made a food interpretation of something having to do with the guild. Although we joke about Dura's fatness, I am glad that Snuffles/Annee did not choose to submit "Warcraftier Fried Boomkin" as her entry. Instead, she spent several hours making awesome cupcakes, which we unfortunately were not able to taste.

Quote:
These cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache and the red parts are red fondant with black sprinkles applied with piping gel individually.

Click on the preview below to see all the various pictures taken of this delicious project:

Forum Image

GRAND PRIZE WINNER Takes home the 100,000g!

It is far more than just a bunch of segments strung together with cool effects. The gigabytes of recording might not have been made specifically for the contest, but the huge amount of time spent reviewing them certain was. It isn't just about the videos themselves; the music and mumble chatter are picked through and added carefully to each clip.

Overall, Inflikted's Warcraftier raid montage is elegant, funny and well put-together. If you have not seen it, check it out and forever remember the inappropriateness of Bizzle. I mean, look at how awesome we are. Yeah.

(Unfortunately, the youtube version was blocked again, so I couldn't imbed it )

http://www.freefrag.com/warcraft/

Thank you to everyone for making this contest great!

I will hand out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize money in person since WoW doesn't let people mail large amounts of gold. Honorable Mentions will receive their packages in the mail. The 1000g participation award will also go out via mail.

Last edited by Lerrielin on 2012/07/11 12:01; edited 2 times in total
Vidron
Figurehead

This was an awesome contest. Thanks to Ty and Lerr for setting it up.

Too bad I didn't finish my "Bizzle in Repose" oil painting. That would have been a slam dunk ;)

Gratz all! But damn now I want cupcakes...
Kinegos

I concur with Vid - thanks so much Ty and Lerr for the contest. And congratulations to the winners and everyone else for having so much fun with it!

Congratulations to all the super creative folks who made awesome videos, cupcakes (I'm jealous of those who actually get to eat the awesome cupcakes!), stories, comics, Warcraftier-themed fighting games, Warcraftier-themed RTSs... (wait, what do you mean no one did those last two?!?). Very awesome.

Thanks to Ty and Lerr as well for taking the time to set up and judge such a fun contest, and for providing all the crazy huge (to those of us who don't have more money than all a goblin Trade Prince) prizes!

Hope the raiding is going well!
Annee_CC

Oh SQUEEEE I took second ^_^ (much better then what I thought I would take ^_^). Thank you for such an awesome and fun contest.To those jelly of the cupcakes, yes they were just as awesome tasting as they looked.
Serickson

congrats to everyone. Great contest! Happy

congrats everyone!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: