Recruitment
Raid Times
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    <Warcraftier> Forum Index -> UI Customization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muriz-Challia

re: WeakAura Help (or a similar notification mod recommend)

I need a little assistance from the many of you smarter than me. I currently use WeakAuras to track my more important items, but am having trouble getting it to track my main HoT, Renewing Mist. I'm also open to a non-WeakAuras mod if someone knows of something that can do the following.

I'll admit that I'm quite dumb when it comes to WeakAura's and have sofar snagged setups from others, but have yet to find anything that tracks RM in a meaningful way, but I also suspect that's due to the skill's nature. When I've gone to teach myself weakAuras like I knew power auras, I look at a wall of text that WTFCrits me and I go off to do something more amusing (ADHD much?). This is my own fault, and I'm sadly aware of that but a little help would be very welcome, be it a detailed how to, or pointing to something that will get me on the right track without making my eyes bleed.

For you non-monks, RM starts on 1 person with 3 stacks, at the first tick, it jumps to someone else, at 2 stacks, then again to a last person, leaving the HoT on each person it hit, the first persons will end first. What I want to see (if possible) is #1: How many people are affected by RM and #2: How long until the shortest duration of RM ends. Who it's on, isn't as important (I can see that though the raid frames to find someone without when I'm casting it again) but this info would help me make the best use of my Thunder Focus Tea and pump out just a bit more throughout fights.

I could be looking for the impossible here, that most mods can't do, but if anyone has seen this, set up something similar, or know of a place that could get me going in the right direction, please let me know.

As just an "I've done that" I started out by trying a handful of WA setups from googling "Renewing Mist Weak Auras" and at best they had an icon that was up when RM was out, but nothing on how many people, when it was ending or anything remotely useful. Others just tracked the CD which while useful in itself, isn't enough info.
Allaidia
Raider

Last edited by Allaidia on 2013/08/09 18:25; edited 1 time in total

I use WeakAuras, but not sure that is something it can do, given the "on other people" thing.

Perhaps you can utilize Grid for that. Thinking out loud here, but in Grid you can set up buff/debuff displays, such that the icon for the buff (in this case, Renewing Mist) can be shown on the person, and Grid now features a dial-like visual timer on icons. (I am assuming you use Grid here, so this may not be an option if you don't).

If you activated Renewing Mist on the center icon display, it would at least give and indicator of who it is on, how many are out there, and a visual indicator of how long they each have left. Plus, you can vary the rank of it such that if there is another debuff you must see, just set that debuff to a higher value than Renewing Mist (95 to 90, for example).

Just thinking out loud. If someone else has a more fluent understanding of WeakAuras, there may be a way there.

Good luck.

Figurehead

Holy hell Allaidia, what did you do?

Edit: nevermind...you cleaned up after yourself.

Last edited by Vidron on 2013/08/09 18:26; edited 2 times in total

Raider

http://www.tukui.org/code/view.php?id=ALLAIDIA100813002307

just click this instead....i kinda broke the website before >_>

Allaidia's solved it perfectly. Mission Accomplished. 20,000 shiny bits to Allaidia.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    <Warcraftier> Forum Index -> UI Customization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: