Recruitment
Raid Times
Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lerrielin
Co-Guildmaster

re: Paragon's 10 vs 25 Assessment

Even though they were political in their statement, imo it's pretty clear that they feel 10-man raiding is easier:

Quote:
Since DREAM Paragon still holds the only recorded kill of Ragnaros in heroic mode, it is probably worth reporting that they also killed the 10-Man version as well. Congratulations to them, see their statement below!

After a very deserving break from a tight raiding schedule that we kept for the past few weeks, we went back in to the Firelands. The goal was pretty simple: Check out the fights on 10-man heroic to gauge their relative difficulty compared to 25-mans. There's been so much discussion on various community sites about this topic, saying that 10-mans are "overtuned" and near unkillable and whatnot. Others saying it's the other way around.

After a quick clear of the filler bosses yesterday, we decided to go all out on Ragnaros today. We begun importing our 25-man tactics and had multiple very silly wipes. Once we realized we could just ditch the overly complicated tactics, we made several P4 wipes. Soon afterwards we were able to slay him and get the world first 10-man Ragnaros Heroic kill as well.

All in all, Ragnaros on the 10-man Heroic mode took 32 wipes in total with everything (such as multiple disconnects) included.

http://www.paragon.fi/news/ragnaros-10-man-heroic-dead-well
Infliky

yea I would have to say the samething. It was a little tough on 10man for tier11 simply because Bliz didn't bother fixing health for many of the heroic adds/bosses to be at the 10man level for nearly 1-1.5 months, so you saw a lot more 25 man heroic kills, this is totally opposite for tier12. Far more 10man kills than 25man. The only boss I considered truly difficult on 10man last tier was heroic Neferian, it is far more demanding on 10man than 25man simply because of the way you need to handle the adds. I still have shivers trying to kite the adds as a firemage in phase 1 :P 10 man has a lot less avoidance issues, they complain they have less brez but many of the deaths that tend to occur in 25man are people derping because of range check or too many things to avoid which simply is not the case in 10.

Plus there is a greater probability of obvious failure with greater number of people since it requires more coordination :P

Another thing I noticed atleast with my prior 10 man groups vs 25man. In a given 3 hour raid time you tend to have a lot more pulls on 10man, you have to wait less time to buff/get everyone prepped. It wasn't out of the norm to do 50-60 attempts in one night for my old 10 man, I have yet to see a 25man that can do that in 3 hours :P.
Daddybizzle

but but but but....<check the mathz on this vid>

in 25 man, 1 bizzle is only 4% of the BIZZZLES....

while in 10 man, 1 bizzle is a whopping 10% of the BIZZZLES

i ran some simulations at work and spent several thousand dollars on company assets and time to come to this conclusion:

10 man BF (bizzle factor) is two and half times more likely to cause AWESOMENESS which will inevitably lead to moar wipes....
Lerrielin
Co-Guildmaster

I just read the last page of comments on MMO-Champion for that article. It's pretty lolarious. xD
Lerrielin
Co-Guildmaster

Paragon's 10 vs 25 comparison article is up. Pretty interesting read:

http://www.paragon.fi/articles/10-vs-25-comparison

Still took a politically correct approach. I guess it'll offend people too much to take a definitive stance.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    <Warcraftier> Forum Index -> Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: